My thanks goes out to http://culturequote.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award. My name is Nina, I’m an expat living in South Korea teaching English. This blog is to document my thoughts and experiences while living here.
Official rules for the Liebster award
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
11 Random Facts
- I have two half- brothers I have never met.
- I have been to Korea 5 times.
- Japanese was my major for two years in College.
- My favorite class in high school was Spanish.
- I have had three different last names.
- I’m better at writing my feelings than speaking them.
- My last name is Korean.
- I’m caucasian according to the check mark box.
- I always write human being next to the race box.
- I am agnostic.
- I love traveling and experiencing new cultures, food, and langauges.
My Response to Culture Quote’s Questions
1. If there was a singular wish you could have granted (standard rules: no wish for wishes, etc.) what would you wish for and why?
I would wish for a free Tibet. Half of my friends back home are Tibetan and their country is occupied by China. There is a lot of cultural genocide and many self-immolations in the last two years trying to get attention as they are fed up with living under China’s control. I want my friends to be able to go to their homeland and for them to be able to speak their language, learn their language in school, practice their religion and be able to openly have a picture of his holiness the Dalai Lama.
2. What is your most cherished memory?
My most cherished memory would have to be visiting Dharamsala, India with my friend to document Tibetan life in exile. It was my first time out of the country and seeing the kids at the TCV school really left an impression on me.
3. What is your most common typo?
My most common typo is lol. It can be lpl a lot.
4. If you could spot-on impersonate anyone in the world, who would that be?
I actually don’t think I would want to spot on impersonate anyone. I like being me, I don’t want to be anyone else.
5. What is the one song you cannot get out of your head recently?
The one song I can’t get out of my head recently is 승리- 할 말 있어요. (Seungri – Gotta talk to you)
My Questions for Nominee’s
- What languages have you studied?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is one goal you have set for yourself this year?
- Do you think hate comes from nurture or nature?
- If you went to Karaoke/ Noraebang, which song would you put on first to sing?
Blogs I Nominate
1. Korean Vitamin: http://koreanvitamin.wordpress.com/
2. Girl and Her Pink Backpack: http://thepinkexpat.com/
3. Korean Notebook: http://mykoreannotebook.wordpress.com/
4. I Love Airplane Food: http://iloveairplanefood.com/
5. Koronicles: http://koronicles.wordpress.com/